Recipe: Carrots in Yogurt and Garlic Sauce
Created: January 13, 2020
A simple and delicous taste of Turkey with ingredients you probably already have on hand.
In typical Turkish fashion, the ingredients for this recipe are not measured. (When preparing for our guests aboard Arkadaslik, the chef uses 6 or 7 large carrots and 6 to 8 cloves of garlic to serve 12 people.)
- Carrots - washed and grated
- Garlic - peeled and crushed
- Turkish yogurt / Greek yogurt - unflavoured
- Salt, to taste
- Grate carrot and lightly sauté in a bit of vegetable oil. As the carrot softens, add half of the crushed garlic to the pan. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Mix remaining garlic and yogurt in a bowl. Add salt to taste.
- When the carrot mixture is cool, add to the yogurt mixture and stir until well mixed.
This dish can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator.