Ingredients for Green Bean (Taze Fasulya) Casserole
- Green beans, 1kg
- Onions, 1 large or 2 small, peeled and diced
- Tomatoes, 8 medium, peeled and chopped
- Garlic, 4 cloves, peeled and minced
- Tomato paste, 1 heaping tablespoon (about 25mL)
- Chilli paste, 1 heaping tablespoon (about 25mL)
- Olive oil, 1 tea glass (about 125mL)
- Sugar, 2 cubes / 2 teaspoons (8g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and wash beans.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add diced onions and cook until the onions are soft.
- Add tomato paste and pepper paste and mix well.
- Add beans and diced tomatoes.
- Add salt, minced garlic, black pepper, and sugar.
- Cover the pan and bring to a low boil on medium heat.
- Mix lightly and reduce heat. Cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, until beans are soft (usually around 40 minutes).
The amounts in this recipe make 8 or 9 servings.
This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Click to expand.