Meze Recipe: Sweet and Savoury Zucchini (Courgette) Tarator
Created: Feburary 6, 2020
Made with zucchini (courgette) and a hint of dill, this sweet and savoury, vegetarian side dish is a guest favourite!
- 500 grams of zucchini / courgette
- 250 grams Turkish yogurt / Greek yogurt – unflavoured
- 5 to 10 grams of fresh dill – finely chopped
- 50 grams of crushed walnuts
- Small can of sweet corn – drained and rinsed
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Wash, peel, and coarsely grate zucchini / courgette.
- Sweat* (sauté over very low heat to remove some of the liquid), removing from heat before the zucchini starts to brown. Drain well and let cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, dill, walnuts, corn, paprika and salt. Mix well.
- When the zucchini / courgette is completely cool, blend in the yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with dill and walnut pieces before serving.
This dish can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
*Many thanks to my brilliant friend Christine for advising on the correct terminology for this step.Download Recipe