In typical Turkish fashion, the ingredients for this recipe are not measured. (When preparing for our guests aboard Arkadaslik, the chef uses 6 or 7 large carrots and 6 to 8 cloves of garlic to serve 12 people.) CHEF'S NOTE: This dish can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
Ingredients for Carrot Tarator
- Carrots - washed and grated
- Garlic - peeled and crushed
- Turkish yogurt / Greek yogurt - unflavoured
- Salt, to taste
- Grate carrot and lightly sauté in a bit of vegetable oil. As the carrot softens, add half of the crushed garlic to the pan. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Mix remaining garlic and yogurt in a bowl. Add salt to taste.
- When the carrot mixture is cool, add to the yogurt mixture and stir until well mixed.