Tips for Packing for a Cruise
One of the nicest things about gulet cruises is that you define the on-board dress code. Whether casual or classy, the decision is entirely yours!
We provide everything from bed linens to board games, beach towels to blow driers, freeing you up to pack the bare minimum for your yachting holiday with Arkadaslik Yachting.
Essential Things to Pack for Your Cruise
- Your camera and/or video camera to capture the stunning scenery of the Turquoise Coast
- A small day pack if you're planning to head out on land excursions
- Chargers for your electronics. (Visit the Power Plugs and Sockets of the World website if you are unsure of whether you'll need adapters to plug into the boat's 220V A/C outlets.)
- Your favourite reading material and music
- Protection from the Mediterranean sun, including lots of sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and cover-up. (Hint: Chin straps are recommended for hats with big, floppy brims.)
- Insect repellent
- Personal toiletries, medications, and, if required, a spare set of prescription glasses and/or contact lenses
- As far as on-board clothing goes, think light-weight, loose materials and natural fibres. Bathing suits, t-shirts and shorts are perfect for the heat of summer. If you're travelling in May or October, you'll also want to bring a sweater or light-weight jacket and some long pants (jeans are fine) for staying warm in the evenings.
- We'll ask you to remove your outdoor footwear when boarding Arkadaslik. If you have sensitive feet, please bring a clean pair of non-slip flip-flops or slippers for on-deck use. (The teak gets hot under the sun!) Don't forget to bring a comfortable pair of walking shoes if you're planning any land excursions.
- Water shoes / swim shoes are a good idea if you plan to paddle near the shore.
Checklist of Essentials
Click to expand.